Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I sign up my child?
The first step is to fill out the online application form found under the Apply Section. We will be accepting the initial batch of applications until February 15th. Please get your application in by then in order to ensure that we will have
2. What does the tour use to travel in?
We have a
3. Does my child need an ID to travel on Kishori Yatra?
Yes, a picture ID is required (could be school ID, state ID, or passport).
4. Are there any other requirements for Alachua participants on Kishori Yatra?
Yes, all local Alachua participants must attend 1 orientation meeting prior to
5. What is the best airport to fly into?
Gainesville (GNV) is our closest airport. Jacksonville (JAX) is next best. We can provide transportation from Jacksonville or Gainesville airport. From Jacksonville - $75 one-way. From Gainesville - $10.
We do not offer any transportation from Orlando.
6. What day should I book my child's flights for?
Please book your flights for arrival on the day before we leave. Return flights should be booked for the day after we return.
7. Where will my child stay before and after the tour?
If you do not have any contacts in the Alachua, FL area, we can help you to find a place to stay one day prior to leaving and one day after arriving home. If they we
8. How much spending money should I send?
We feel that $10 per week is an appropriate amount. If your child would like to buy souvenirs or gifts along the way, you may send more. $100 is our maximum allowable amount with $75 allocated for spending and $25 for necessities. If your child does not need/use her necessities money, it will be returned to you at the trip's end.
9. How will valuables be stored?
We keep all IDs and spending money for the girls so that they do not lose them.
10. Can my child bring a cell phone?
The girls can use organizer cell phones whenever they need to call home. We do not allow cell phones on the tour.
11. How will my child do if she not know anyone on the tour ahead of time?
Our focus is to connect all of our girls so that they make lasting devotee friendships. Most girls have no trouble making friends by the end of the tour.