Packing List Requirements - Updated 5/7/2018
1. This each girl will need a dry sack for our multi-day canoe trip. (Example here)
2. Refer to the guidelines when picking a duffel bag for the tour. Hard suitcases aren't flexible enough for the shared luggage spaces that we have. There is a limited amount of storage space on our bus; we won't take bags that are bigger than 24 x 12 x 12 inches.
3. Please label all items with the participant's name with a permanent marker before the tour. This is especially important for gamchas and black t-shirt/leggings for the performance.
4. All girls must bring a gamcha. If you do not have a gamcha instead of a towel, we will have some available for sale. If you live locally, the Alachua temple store has them.
5. Cell phones - girls may not have cell phones with them on the tour. If a girl is traveling her with a cell phone, we can collect it and hold it for her until the tour is over. If she would like to take pictures during the tour please pack a camera.
Since this is a tour with many participants without much luggage space, we encourage everyone to take on the challenge of packing lightly. Each girl should be able to carry ALL of her own belongings in one go. The following is a packing list of what they should bring and also a list of what will be provided.
Each Kishori will bring:
Everything should fit in the duffel bag. Daypack bags and Suchi kits will remain on the bus. Duffel bags are stored underneath. Sleeping bag and pillow are separate. Pajamas should be stored with pillow in the pillow case. This is a Vaishnavi tour. Please pack accordingly.
We will be doing laundry weekly on the tour.
All of these contents should fit in one toiletry bag. Please opt for travel size wherever possible.
We will provide: sunblock 45 (bring your own if you need stronger), mosquito repellent, basic first aid, and vitamin C.
Please let us know if there is something else you feel may be needed for your daughter that we can provide or if it is more specific, she can bring it for her own personal use. Also any special medical or dietary needs, or allergies should be brought to our attention before the tour.
We will bring a mridanga, harmonium, and kartals. If you play other instruments please bring it in a separate protected carrying case for safe handling. If you are a dancer please bring your bells. You may also only bring one non-devotional book to read, if desired.
Suggested Spending Money: $60 is suggested with an additional $25 for necessities. $100 is our maximum allowable amount with $75 allocated for spending and $25 for necessities. If your child does not need/use her necessities money, it will be returned to you at the trip's end.
Prohibited Items: Music players (we will have plenty of devotional music with us), cell phones (they may use the organizers' phones) and electronic devices such as tablets or Kindle readers.